HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Change Can Be Bittersweet Layout

Good afternoon fellow crafters!  Today I'm sharing my page for the November Berry71Bleu challenge.  The theme for this month is "Change is Beautiful" hosted by fellow team member Marilyn. 

As stated in the Berry71Bleu blog--yes change can indeed be a beautiful thing. It can be something that one can even fear or be intimidated by.  Based on my own experience--change does always turn out for the best even though when it's actually happening you may not embrace it.  With time you realize that things do happen for a reason.  However, change can also be bittersweet & bring about different emotions.  This was how I interpreted this months challenge.

My son turned 1 year old this month & for me it was such a bittersweet celebration.  I'm very happy to see him grow & observe in wonder how his personality is developing but at the same time I want him to remain as he is now for as long as possible!  Is this so wrong? Although I'm sure I'm not alone with my feelings. He's my little guy, my baby--he's innocent and I can protect him from whatever bumps that this journey called life has in store.  Somehow a year has escaped me already.  I still remember very clearly holding a 7 lbs wiggling little part of me in my arms this time last year.  Now I'm holding a 20 lbs toddler in the making.  He's still a part of me & always will be--but he's growing & growing...let's just say I'll be holding onto these few precious years for dear life!
The majority of the thoughts expressed here plus a bit more emotional ones were stored in this scroll.  As customary with my pages...I had many thoughts to express and I find these scrolls to be the best way to store my thoughts.  If interested, I have a tutorial for these scrolls here

All papers used are by one of this months Berry71Bleu's sponsors 7 Dots Studio.  I combined two of their paper lines.  I've used mostly papers from their 'Love is in the Air' collection but also used bits n' pieces from their 'The Queen of Hearts' collection.
The design of my page was based on a sketch from Page Drafts.  This site has become a life saver for me recently.  I've been in a crunch to get certain projects done & sometimes there's no time to conceptualize your own design--it's such a help to be able to go to this site & get ideas.  Once the idea is there--the scrapping just flows!
Oh how I love these little flocked teddy bears!  I can't get enough of them.  I have these in my stash & use them for my pages as much as I can!  lol  They're great for baby themed projects.  I tucked a little metal clock in the mix to represent the concept of time passing.
My title was printed on a transparency, cut out & adhered onto my page with clear dry adhesive.
This fabulous tag was made by Berry71Bleu's very own owner Marivic.  Her handmade tags will be available soon in her Etsy shop ZeusandZoe.  The sweet elements on her tag went along with my 'bittersweet' concept.
I've displayed both a before & after photo of my son.  He's barely one month and 1/2 here.
Here he is at 12 months.  Not only has he grown but he's physically changed a bit as well.  He definitely has a lot more hair & curly locks now! 

Those small yellow ribbon flowers are from my own stash & are currently up for sale in my Etsy shop here.  These small ribbon flowers make for great embellishment fillers for any project.

Make sure to stop by the Berry71Bleu blog to check out the other DT's interpretation of this month's challenge & play along if you can for a change to win some fabulous prizes!

Thanks for stopping by & I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!