HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Promise Layout

Hello once again fellow scrappers!  Today I bring you a page I made with a couple of new releases by Clear Scraps.  I kept the design of this page fairly simple by utilizing white space & letting the elements of the page shine through.

This would be my newborn son when he was about 2 days old.  It's amazing how they change from when they're first born.  He's currently a little over 2 months & I can't say he looks the same as in this picture.

The theme of my page is 'My Promise' to him as his mom.  My journaling consists of items that I pledge to provide as his mom throughout his life time & as one of the main influential persons in his life.  The journaling is meant for his eyes only.  Once he's old enough to comprehend I'll let him read it.  Maybe by then he'll also let me know if I'm keeping some of my promises or not!  :-)

Here is a sample of one of Clear Scraps brand new releases--Acrylic Borders.  I used the Square Acrylic Border on this page.

To give the border it's texture, I first highlighted the edges of a couple of the squares with a black Sharpie.  I then painted the border with orange & yellow alcohol inks.  Finally, I dressed up the squares by adding dots of Bisque Liquid Pearls on the corners of each square.  A couple of mosaic pieces (some by Prima some from my own stash) were adhered to a few of the square boxes.
This lovely large flower is by Manor House Creations.
I'm loving these very cute velvet teddy bears that I found at my local craft store A.C. Moore.  They're perfect for baby/children themed pages!

For my background I sprayed a couple of quick bursts of RipTide glimmer mist & randomly added dots of Star Dust Stickles.
This square frame is also part of a new release by Clear Scraps--the 'Clearly Framed' collection.  I've used the Small Rectangle Frame which I've covered with patterned paper, inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink & dressed up the corners with a couple of Black Diamond Stickles dots.  A small corner from a paper white doily was cut & adhered to the inside of the frame.
I've tucked a bit of light blue & yellow tulle underneath the large Manor House flower.  I feel that tulle tends to add a soft & delicate touch to a page.
Here's the bottom half of the Square Acrylic Border.  You just can't go wrong with alcohol inks when it comes to acrylic--it adds a fabulous texture to it!

As usual, a big thank you to all of you who stop by for a visit.

Enjoy the rest of the week!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheerful page Kay!!! Yes that tulle sure gives a soft touch to the LO... loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout and your son is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! the layout is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I can't believe you're able to scrap like this! Amazing! I'm very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Layout Kay. Love the layering and the squares down the centre are lovely. Fab colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Kay! and what a cutie pie!! God bless him! love how you placed the embellishments. Take care!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!