HOMEABOUT MERESUMETUTORIALSMY FAVES

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Altered Shabby Chic Picture Frame


Good evening fellow scrappers!  This is an altered wooden picture frame that I made a few months ago.  It was actually a Christmas present for a good friend.

The wooden picture frame was purchased at my local Michaels.  Amazing how one can turn a simple frame into your very own personal 'artsy' masterpiece!
The vine is by Prima.  I added additional flowers from my own stash here and there in order to make it into a fuller vine.  The mushroom bird, large green fabric flower & small white wooden fence is also from my stash.  The glass vial is by Tim Holtz.  I filled the glass vial with small black beads from my stash and tied a bit of twine around it.
A sheer white ribbon was added at the top of the frame.  I used a bit of hot glue to adhere the ribbon and to add the loops in order to give it more dimension.

I used a bit of iridescent light green garland from my stash to decorate the border of the inner frame.
The background was first painted with white acrylic paint.  Then I added a layer of clear crackle paint that I purchased at my local Michaels.  Once dry--I added a third layer of fuchsia acrylic paint.  As the fuchsia paint dried it 'crackled' and revealed the white paint beneath.  Neat effect huh?

The random script seen throughout the frame is actually a stamp by Donna Salazar titled 'All My Love'.   I stamped the image on a transparency with black Staz On ink.  I then cut out the stamped image & adhered it randomly on my frame with clear dry glue.

The crystal flourish is by Prima.  I cut it out of the original packaging & adhered it with clear drying glue.

Another closeup of the floral arrangement.

Thanks to all of you who stop by for a visit!  Your time is always very much appreciated.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by!